Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos (N3B) is committed to providing five percent of its earned fee over the life of the Los Alamos Legacy Cleanup Contract to benefit community organizations in Northern New Mexico. The majority of these funds are designated toward education initiatives and economic and charitable giving that will have the greatest impact on the region.
As part of N3B’s wider community outreach effort, we have established a Community Contribution Program to provide financial support to local organizations. We are soliciting Northern New Mexico nonprofit organizations to submit funding requests in the following areas:
Health & Human Services
Arts & Culture
Civic & Economic Development
What we typically won’t fund:
With the exception of the Apprentice Program, N3B does not support continued funding for recurring projects or funding for political or religious activities. N3B also does not provide support to individuals or individual needs, political or religious organizations, fraternal associations, advertising, professional meetings or conferences, travel, film or television production or programming, overheads and administrative expenses, general operating funds, emergency funds, individual schools, sports events or athletic groups, extracurricular school activities, fairs or parades.
N3B also will not fund organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, family status, receipt of public assistance, sexual orientation or gender identity.
How to Submit a Request:
There is no form or deadline for submitting a funding request. Each request is considered on its own merits, but may be grouped with other requests, which are reviewed every two to three months. The review process may take several months. Requesting organizations will be notified when a decision is made. Please submit funding requests electronically to: N3BOutreach@em-la.doe.gov
Requests must contain the following information:
- A description of the organization and its mission, goals and objectives in 100 words or less
- The specific purpose of the request in 100 words or less
- The amount requested
- List of other funding sources and the amounts received
- Description of how N3B’s donation will be publicized
- A high-resolution copy of the requesting organization’s logo
- A current balance sheet
- Name, title, address, telephone number and email address of principal contact, along with the organization’s website address
- A copy of the organization’s Internal Revenue Service (IRS) letter of determination
- A copy of the organization’s IRS Form W-9
- A copy of the N3B Vendor Maintenance Form with the “Remit To” section filled in, download here
*Links to additional resources too large to be emailed may be included in electronic proposals if they aid in decision-making. Requests must be submitted through official channels of the requesting organization, must clearly identify the requesting organization, and must be endorsed by a senior representative of the organization.
Contact: N3BOutreach@em-la.doe.gov (505) 257-7432